Optimal design and related areas in optimization and statistics / [edited by] Luc Pronzato and Anatoly Zhigljavsky.
Contributor(s): Pronzato, Luc [editor] | Zhigljavsky, Anatoly [editor].Material type: BookSeries: Springer optimization and its applications ; 29.Publisher: New York : Springer, 2009Description: xv, 224 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.ISBN: 9780387799353 (hbk.).Subject(s): Optimal designs (Statistics) | Mathematical optimizationDDC classification: 000SA.2
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
ISI Library, Kolkata
||000SA.2 P965 (Browse shelf)||Checked out||23/09/2017||137779|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. W-Iterations and Ripples Therefrom;
2. Studying Convergence of Gradient Algorithms Via Optimal Experimental Design Theory;
3. A Dynamical-System Analysis of the Optimum s-Gradient Algorithm;
4. Bivariate Dependence Orderings for Unordered Categorical Variables;
5. Methods in Algebraic Statistics for the Design of Experiments;
6. The Geometry of Causal Probability Trees that are Algebraically Constrained;
7. Bayes Nets of time Series: Stochastic Realizations and Projections;
8. Asymptotic Normality of Nonlinear Leasy Squares under Singular Experimental Designs;
9. Robust Estimators in Non-linear Regression Models with Long-Range Dependence.
This edited volume, dedicated to Henry P. Wynn, reflects his broad range of research interests, focusing in particular on the applications of optimal design theory in optimization and statistics. It covers algorithms for constructing optimal experimental designs, general gradient-type algorithms for convex optimization, majorization and stochastic ordering, algebraic statistics, Bayesian networks and nonlinear regression. Written by leading specialists in the field, each chapter contains a survey of the existing literature along with substantial new material. This work will appeal to both the.