Google this! : putting Google and other social media sites to work for your library / Terry Ballard.Material type: TextSeries: Chandos information professional seriesPublication details: Oxford : Chandos Pub., 2012Description: xxviii, 189 p. : ill. ; 24 cmISBN: 9781843346777 (print)Subject(s): Google | Online social networks -- Library applications | Social media | Library materials -- DigitizationDDC classification: 025.50285
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
ISI Library, Kolkata
||025.50285 B189 (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||135448|
A foreword by Dan Gookin.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. What does the Internet have to do with my library? --
2. Google Custom Search --
3. Facebook and Twitter --
4. Flickr : if it's good enough for the Library of Congress it's good enough for your library --
5. iGoogle and other useful products --
6. YouTube : much more than videos of cats playing piano --
7. Google Scholar : just walked down the aisle with Worldcat --
8. Blogger : get your message out where patrons are --
9. GoogleMaps and Google Earth --
10. Electronic books --
11. Discovery platforms --
12. Mobile applications for libraries --
13. Where is this all going--
"Many libraries and museums nowadays have adapted to the current information climate and work with Google, Facebook, Twitter and iTunes to deliver information to their users, however most have not. This book will describe the variety of free (or nearly free) options for social media and show how libraries from the Library of Congress down to small public libraries are adapting them. The author has conducted more than two dozen interviews with professionals who have created exemplary work using social media, and shows how their experiences can create success for your institution's library." -- Publisher description.
There are no comments on this title.